The Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programme is made up of 6 courses and a Dissertation. Each of the 6 regular courses has a credit value of 10 ECTS while the Dissertation has a credit value of 30 ECTS:
- - Second Language Learning and Acquisition
- - Teaching Reading and Writing
- - Teaching Speaking and Listening
- - Language Assessment and Testing
- - Digital Technology and Materials Development
- - Research Methods in TESOL
- - Dissertation
Varied assessment tasks or instruments will be employed:
(i) Assessment Instruments Work-based Reports
Selected units will contain one work-based report with word limitations of usually between 3,500 - 4,000 words. Each unit document will outline the specific word limit.
(ii) Articles / Assignments
Written assignments are designed to allow students to demonstrate understanding of the unit, which students must then
apply to an issue concerned with that particular subject area in their own organisation, or one with which they are familiar.
Students are either required to identify a process, task or problem which they must describe, analyse and discuss.
(iii) Case Studies
Selected case studies may be incorporated into the assessment of units.
Often students will be assessed via scenario and simulation types of tasks related to the intended learning outcomes.
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution; or a professional qualification equivalent to a degree; and
• Demonstrate English Language proficiency in order to participate in the programme taught in English; and
• Relevant working experience in the following areas:
- - academic and administrative leaders of higher education; or
- - institutions working at the central, faculty or department levels; or
- - policy makers and planners from Ministries of Education and other educational regulatory and planning bodies; or
- - senior-level educational administrators; or
- - educational consultants.
How to Apply
For application, please submit the following documents to Hopkins Education Center in Hong Kong:
- - A duly completed application form (PDF Application Form)
- - Supporting academic documents
- - Resume
- - ID copy
- - Application and processing fees of HK$5,700 payable to: “Hopkins Training and Education Group Ltd.”
If you would like to receive more program information, please contact us at +(852) 2877-9938. or email@example.com.